I was talking with a startup that has an existing audience and now want to provide a monthly subscription for access to training to this audience. They will only convert a portion of the audience to the new service. The learners will get access to webinars, recorded webinars, videos, and other online content that they will author separately.
They don't really have a tech team, so going with a hosted solution that would live at a subdomain would be best, i.e., subscribers would go to: learn.company.com in order to sign up, pay, and get access to webinars, content, etc.
They are early stage, so low-cost would be good. And it would be nice if it was a Rapid LMS.
I'm a little concerned how well LMS solutions will handle the webinar integration and the subscriptions.
What would you recommend they research as possible options?
Here are some resources that I found that may help:
- LMS eCommerce Solution
- Product Review: Litmos LMS
- LMS For SMBs And Training Companies – A Year On, Is It Still The Same?
- A Defense of the LMS (and a case for the future of Social Learning)
- LMS Spotlight: Litmos
- Wait. What? I can buy an LMS with a credit card?
- Why Do We Have an LMS?
- Why are So Many LMS Buyers Dissatisfied?
- What’s hurting the LMS market
- 2010 LMS Products of the Year
- LMS Satisfaction Features and Barriers
- Low Cost LMS - Help Needed
- Why it’s hard to find an LMS
- LMS Spotlight: Topyx
- LMS vendors: R u hearing us?
- Training Companies and LMS
- More LMS Options for Associations on a Budget
And some of the resulting choices based on these resources:
- Learn.com Personal Edition
- Articulate Online
- Xerceo TrainingAtom
- Geo On-Demand
- Upside Learning Upside LMS
- Training Partner
- Hosted Moodle
- LM LESS
- Feathercap LMS
- Cornerstone OnDemand
- EDU 2.0
- Absorb LMS (Blatant Media e-Learning)
- Acadia HCS (Acadia HCS)
- Allen Communication Learning Portal
- Avilar WebMentor
- Course-Source (Course-Source Limited)
- CourseMill LMS (Trivantis)
- DOTS (WebRaven)
- ED Training Platform (Strategia)
- Generation 21 Enterprise
- InforSource (InfoSource)
- Inquisiq EX (ICS Learning Group Inc.)
- IntraLearn XE (IntraLearn Software)
- Isoph Blue (Learn Something)
- Kallidus LMS (e2train)
- LearnerWeb (MaxIT)
- LearningServer IntraLearn
- LearnShare LMS (Learnshare)
- LMS Live (Wizdom Systems)
- MindFlash E-Learning System
- NetDimensions EKP Bronze
- OnPoint Learning & Performance Suite
- On-Tracker LMS (Interactive Solutions)
- OutStart Evolution LMS (OutStart)
- SSElearn Portal (SSE)
- Syntrio Enterprise (Syntrio)
- TeraLearn LMS (Teralearn.com)
- The Learning Manager (Worldwide Interactive)
- Tracker.Net (Platte Canyon)
- TrainingPartner (Geometrix)
- TrainingMine (Frontline Data Solutions)
- Upside LMS (Upside Learning Solutions)
- Virtual Training Assistant (RISC)
And if you want a MUCH longer list, go download the 475+ LMS names from here: LMS and Learning Platforms